BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Powered By Blogger

SHREYA GHOSHAL

SHREYA GHOSHAL

Monday, August 16, 2010

Shreya Ghoshal returns to Singapore to kick-start her latest concert tour

She's touted to be one of Bollywood's most awarded playback singers in recent times.

And now, Shreya Ghoshal is back in Singapore to kick-start her latest concert tour.

The singer shot to fame in her teenage years, after being talent spotted to be playback singer for Bollywood star, Aishwarya Rai in the blockbuster hit - Devdas.

The song from the film launched her career as she received both the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer and the Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent.

"I was actually a student at that time doing exams, so I was like taking my books and everything and in the studios. And I was a part of the whole process throughout, so I would sit in a corner, and do my studies, whenever I was called, I would be rehearsing, it was such fun," Shreya recalled.

Since then, the 26-year old has worked in more than 140 films.

Besides Hindi, she also sings in Malayalam and Tamil - just to name a few.

And Shreya admits it can be quite tough at times.

"Let me give you all a secret, I sometimes forget my own lyrics, even on the stage I blank out, and I just make out my own lyrics and nobody knows. Very confidently I make up for all the goof-ups I make," she revealed.

Many regard her as the next Lata Mangeshkar - a famous playback singer.

Though Shreya has been touted as a rising youth icon in India, it wasn't easy for her to step into the limelight.

"I was a little apprehensive of coming into performances. I don't think even when Devdas was even released, even after that I was convinced by so many people but I could not just say yes, because I was not too confident about that.

"I thought that I had to have a little more repertoire of songs, to come on stage and perform so I gave almost one year of thought and convincing myself that now I should give my first performance.

"For acting stints, I have been approached, but I am totally scared of it, and I can't act, I know that for sure," she said.

0 comments: